Thursday, December 6, 2007

BoatHouse in English and French

Boathouse Bateau-Maison
By Liz Southwood De Liz Southwood

The rain had fled. Ls pluie est parti,
I went to jog. je vais pour un marche.
When I got back, Quand je returnera
my house had slid, ma maison a glisse
but not my dog. mais pas mon chien.

My dog did bark Ma chien fait aboiement
to tell me that m’a dite que
on a big raft sur un radeau large
my house was stacked ma maison etait empile
and now a boat. et maintenant une batteau.

My cat survived, Ma chatte a rescape,
was eating fish. etait mange le poisson.
Our cul-de-sac, Notre cul-de-sac
all liquified, tout liquifie,
provided this. a donne cela.

A small island, Une petite isle,
as if ad hoc, comme ci ad hoc
loomed from a lake, surge d’un lac
a steep highland comme Haute Ecosse,
of local rocks. des rocs local.

My home there moored, Ma maison y amarre,
a fine houseboat, une maison-bateau beau,
where my small stake ou mon petite poteau
of land once stood, de terre a ete autrefois,
I lived afloat. je reside a l’eau.

No comments: