Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Velvet

//velvet

VELVET a velvet voice, soft and lush, golden, silken,

silk velvet thin and crushed snow at dusk, velvet, white

rosy cheeks, sparkling smiles, tartan skirts

scarlet’s curtains, green dress

black velvet suit

velvety skin, cat, sand, the sand was velvet on bare feet, the water warm and wet. get, set winter sunset

velvet hot, dusty, icky like movie blue velvet
I do not want a dress of velvet
I’d rather a dress of silk
I like velour warm up suits
they feel like velvet but are washable
sherbet
brochette

green velvet broccolli on a brochette
red silk tomatoes and peppers

velvet leaves me cold

Velvet is my golden cat,
velvet the pale gold sand where he walks,
velvet the balmy night air
where the breeze that stirs the trees.
velvet the water, warm and wet
where I put his combed-out fleas,
the sound of velvet is his purr.
He purrs and sniffs at pink hawhorne buds and blooms
and the chill breeze riffs his velvet fur.
The sound of velvet
made by God is my gol When velvet sounds, it
sounds like my golden cat’s purr
like the softest fur.
The sound of velvet
is a purring cat, like my
gold cat with soft fur.

The sound of falling
snow, the fireside purr of
a cat.

A purring cat is
velvet you can hear as he
lies, velvet, by you.

No comments: